Up In the Air – Movie Review
Directed by Jason Reitman
Run Time: 109 mins
Genre: Comedy/ Drama/ Romance
5 frames out of 5
Losing your job can be a traumatic experience, but if done with a smile and does it lessen the sting of rejection any less?
With the current state of economic uncertainty and the way so many industries are in a technological social revolution, there are those that are salivating at the conditions and are ready to pounce and make their money. Ryan Bingham (George Clooney) works for a company that travels to corporate or large businesses to help them downsize and their soon to be ex-employees transition to life after current job. Bingham is good at what he does and although he encounters a gamut of reactions from the people encounters, he takes the opportunity to promote his side gig of personal motivation. He loves everything about his life on the road, the non attachments of relationships and the perks of the various places he stays.
During one stop in a hotel bar, Bingham meets his female version of himself in Alex Goran (Vera Farmiga). The chemistry is intense and both are content in the status of the relationship. On Binghams next trip is to his corporate headquarters where his boss, Craig Gregory ( Jason Bateman) is excited about a new development that will revolutionize how they do corporate firings. The next generation of firings is to be done via web-cam and is all presented by rookie Natalie Keener (Anna Kendrick). With this new technology all the people that normally travel to the companies to do the firing face-to-face, are being pulled off the road effective immediately. This does not fly with Bingham and…
December 24, 2009 - Posted by TheReelCritic | entertainment news, film reviews, movie critic review, Movie Review, movies, new in theaters, now playing, Uncategorized | Amy Morton, Anna Kendrick, Critic’s Review Up in the Air, Danny McBride, Director Jason Reitman, Film Review Up in the Air, George Clooney, J.K. Simmons, Jason Bateman, Jason Reitman Director, Lisa Minzey, Melanie Lynskey, Movie Review Up in the Air, The Reel Critic.com, Up in the Air, Up in the Air Critics Review, Up in the Air Movie, Up in the Air Movie Critics Review, Up in the Air Movie Review, Up in the Air Run Time, Vera Farmiga, Zach Galifianakis
1 Comment »
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 📷 entertainmentweekly: 22 of the Unsexiest Sex Scenes Aphrodisi-ack! 😳 tmblr.co/ZSGKQy21V6beo 1 day ago
- Hail, Caesar! – Movie Review goo.gl/fb/vJRdwc #filmreviews #moviereview #newintheaters #aldenehrenreich 2 days ago
- The Choice – Movie Review goo.gl/fb/dOqsn4 #filmreviews #moviereview #newintheaters #alexandradaddario 2 days ago
- RT @latimes: Noteworthy Super Bowl ads: Movie stars and constipation lat.ms/1T7D8vx 3 days ago
- RT @10CloverfieldLn: Monsters come in many forms. 3.11.16 #Cloverfield amp.twimg.com/v/1f95aa82-dc3… 3 days ago