Sherlock Holmes – Movie Review
Run Time: 128 mins
Genre: Action/ Comedy/ Mystery/ Fantasy/ Crime/ Thriller
3.5 frames out of 5
If there was ever a franchise that needed a modern reboot, then God save the Queen.
In this modern remake of the classic character created by Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) and Dr. John Watson (Jude Law) are on the case protecting the streets of London. Set in 1891, Holmes and Watson are closing in on the sinister Lord Blackwood (Mark Strong) and stopping him from his latest murder. They apprehend him and months later as he is about to be hung from the gallows for his crimes against humanity, he summons Holmes to issue a warning. Blackwood vows revenge and that there will be 3 more murders before complete chaos ensues. Holmes blows him off and goes on with his day but the threat remains in the back of his mind. With the Blackwood case closed, Holmes is bored and itching for a new case.
As Holmes is experimenting with various way to keep himself occupied between cases, a woman from his past makes a grand entrance back into his life, Irene Adler (Rachel McAdams). Irene is the only woman to capture Holmes’s heart, outwit and bamboozle him. She offers him a fresh lead for a missing person’s case. Little does Holmes know that this case intertwines …
December 24, 2009 - Posted by TheReelCritic | entertainment news, film reviews, movie critic review, Movie Review, movies, new in theaters, now playing, Uncategorized | Critic Review Sherlock Holmes, Critic’s Review Sherlock Holmes, Guy Ritchie, Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes, Jude Law, Lisa Minzey, Mark Strong, Movie Review Sherlock Holmes, Rachel McAdams, Robert Downey Jr., Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes Critic’s Review, Sherlock Holmes Movie Review, The Reel Critic.com
2 Comments »
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Personally, I would like to see a Batgirl movie.... fb.me/Wp9RNC5t 3 days ago
- Take a break from shopping this weekend to check out a movie! Here's one that is opening this weekend... fb.me/5arYEL1Jt 1 week ago
- Rules Don’t Apply – #Movie #Review goo.gl/fb/1eW2IV #comedy #drama #filmreviews #moviereview #newintheaters 1 week ago
- RT @LastHurrahFilm: #FF awesomely arty tweeps: @cherigolub @gennysokoli @ReelCritic @silentwoodfilm @JAPAN_NATION https://t.co/2u8EIoDiPm 2 weeks ago
- RT @cherigolub: @LastHurrahFilm @gennysokoli @ReelCritic @silentwoodfilm @JAPAN_NATION #FF https://t.co/B35GjD2U3W 2 weeks ago
Site infoThe Reel Critic.com
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.