Crazy Heart – Movie Review
Run Time: 111 mins
3.5 frames out of 5
Based on the book by Thomas Cobb, Crazy Heart tells the story of Bad Blake (Jeff Bridges), a washed up country singer whose life is now the epitome of a sad country song. He’s has several marriages, is an alcoholic and his fall from stardom from the rise of his protégé Tommy (Colin Farrell), now has him opening bowling alleys instead of concert halls. He can’t get through the day or a performance with out being stone cold drunk and he picks up women in each town he performs in.
On one stop in Santa Fe, he does a favor for the piano player that is playing the gig with him. He asks if Bad would let his niece interview him for the local paper because she’s trying to get her foot in the door with journalism. He begrudgingly agrees and becomes enchanted by Jean Craddock (Maggie Gyllenhaal) through out the interview. Bad turns up the charm to conquer Jean and as he does…
December 24, 2009 - Posted by TheReelCritic | coming soon, entertainment news, film reviews, movie critic review, Movie Review, movies, new in theaters, now playing, Uncategorized | Colin Farrell, Crazy Heart, Crazy Heart Critic’s Review, Crazy Heart Movie Review, Critic Review Crazy Heart, Critic’s Review Crazy Heart, Jeff Bridges, Lisa Minzey, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Movie Review Crazy Heart, Robert Duvall, Scott Cooper, Scott Cooper’s Crazy Heart, The Reel Critic.com
1 Comment »
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- RT @FILMBAY_CINEMA: Jennifer Lawrence Teams With Ron Howard on Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic: Jennifer Lawrence is looking to portray s... https:… 1 day ago
- RT @starwars: Hello, what have we here? Donald Glover is Lando Calrissian in the untitled 2018 Han Solo Star Wars Story. https://t.co/ChueO… 1 day ago
- RT @Product_London: We're looking for writers for our electronic music blog. Mainly software & hardware reviews. Email us if interested htt… 1 day ago
- RT @ScrivenerCoach: #Scrivener Ninja Tip: Use #diacritics? Scrivener makes it easy to add them to your letters. #writing https://t.co/NcLwe… 1 day ago
- RT @TheMovieGuys: THE ACCOUNTANT: Ben Affleck plays a man with no social skills. He prepped by studying commenters from the #BatmanvSuperma… 1 day ago
Site infoThe Reel Critic.com
Blog at WordPress.com.