Invictus – Movie Review
Run Time: 134 mins
Genre: Drama/ Biography
4 frames out of 5
Based on the true story of Nelson Mandela’s early years as President of South Africa, Invictus paints the tale of determination, tolerance and perseverance. For those not familiar with that period of time, South Africa’s social, economic and political climate was deeply divided and extremely unstable. When Mandela took office, he was determined keep the promises made during his campaign. One of his missions was to unite the country and what better way to bring people together than rugby?
In his quest to help unite his country, Mandela (Morgan Freeman) enlists the help of the Springboks team captain, Francois Pienaar (Matt Damon). The Springboks track record is less than impressive and most of the population despises them. With encouragement from Mandela, he inspires Pienaar to become the leader he is meant to be. Hard work and determination pays off as Pienaar leads his team to compete in of the most globally recognized sporting events, the World Cup (1995). Once they arrive, will the hard work payoff and will they win it all?
As a fan of Clint Eastwood’s film, this movie is much different than his past films. Invictus is much lighter in tone and takes on the inspiring persona of Nelson Mandela – full of light and hope. In the past, Eastwood has successfully navigated heavier movies such as Million Dollar Baby, Grand Torino and Changeling, so it is a refreshing change to see a more uplifting film.
See it in the Theater or Rent it on DVD: Both would be wise choices.
December 10, 2009 - Posted by TheReelCritic | entertainment news, film reviews, movie critic review, Movie Review, movies, new in theaters, now playing, Uncategorized | Clint Eastwood, Clint Eastwood Director, Critic’s Review Invictus, Film Review Invictus, Invictus Critics Review, Invictus Movie, Invictus Movie Critics Review, Invictus Movie Review, Invictus Run Time, Matt Damon, Morgan Freeman, Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela, Movie Based on True Story Invictus, Movie Review Invictus, The Reel Critic.com
1 Comment »
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE – Trailer goo.gl/fb/M1p2VF #movietrailer #action #adventure #comedy 11 hours ago
- Chill On Rumors Of Netflix Side Deal As WGA Strike Authorization Looms via @Deadline deadline.com/2017/04/writer… 1 day ago
- Free Fire goo.gl/fb/rfb1gE #moviereview #action #crime #thriller 4 days ago
- The Lost City of Z – Movie Review goo.gl/fb/DhQMzq #moviereview #action #adventure #biography 4 days ago
- Born In China – Movie Review goo.gl/fb/yBprWT #moviereview #documentary 4 days ago
Site infoThe Reel Critic.com
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.