Old Dogs – Movie Review
Run Time: 88 mins
Genre: Family/ Comedy
3 frames out of 5
They say you can’t teach old dog new tricks but you can teach an old guy how to live like a kid.
Charlie (John Travolta) and Dan (Robin Williams) are childhood friends. They are as close as brothers and own a successful sports marketing business. On the eve of closing the biggest deal in the history of their company, a blast from Dan’s past shows up and gives him the biggest shock of his life.
A few years back, Dan was going through a divorce and really depressed. Charlie being the good friend that he is took him down the South Beach for a wild weekend. Over the course of 48 hours, Dan and Charlie get trashed, Dan gets a tattoo and they meet a pair of lovely ladies, Vicki (Kelly Preston) and Jenna (Rita Wilson). Dan and Vicki hit it off so well, they get married and divorced in 24 hours.
As a result of the state of their martial bliss, the stork drops a pair of twins in Dan’s lap seven years later as their mother is about to go on a brief retreat mandated by the justice system. The twins prove to be a challenge to Dan and Charlie as they try to navigate business, life and old age but can they close the deal without losing each other?
Old Dogs is nothing but an old trick trying to pass off for a new one. It is a movie formulated in Disney fashion that tries to mimic that of the old films such as The Parent Trap and Herbie films. Although they enlisted the help of such big names as Travolta and Williams to drawn in the parents, this film doesn’t quite live up to expectation in the adult humor. This is a great film to take the kids because they will love it, just don’t expect to be thrilled in return.
Things to watch for: Great cameos by Justin Long, Bernie Mac, Matt Dillion & Rita Wilson. Ultimate Frisbee competitions, tanning booths and a birthday party at the zoo… priceless.
Who should see this movie: Kids ages 6-12, families, fans of Disney movies
See it in the Theater or Rent it on DVD: If you are looking for something to entertain the kids for an hour or more, go check it out in the theater.
November 29, 2009 - Posted by TheReelCritic | entertainment news, film reviews, movie critic review, Movie Review, movies, new in theaters, now playing, Uncategorized | Bernie Mac, Critic Review Old Dogs, Ella Bleu Travolta, John Travolta, Justin Long, Kelly Preston, Movie Review Old Dogs, Old Dogs Critic Review, Old Dogs Movie Review, Rita Wilson, Robin Williams, Seth Green
No comments yet.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Personally, I would like to see a Batgirl movie.... fb.me/Wp9RNC5t 3 days ago
- Take a break from shopping this weekend to check out a movie! Here's one that is opening this weekend... fb.me/5arYEL1Jt 1 week ago
- Rules Don’t Apply – #Movie #Review goo.gl/fb/1eW2IV #comedy #drama #filmreviews #moviereview #newintheaters 1 week ago
- RT @LastHurrahFilm: #FF awesomely arty tweeps: @cherigolub @gennysokoli @ReelCritic @silentwoodfilm @JAPAN_NATION https://t.co/2u8EIoDiPm 2 weeks ago
- RT @cherigolub: @LastHurrahFilm @gennysokoli @ReelCritic @silentwoodfilm @JAPAN_NATION #FF https://t.co/B35GjD2U3W 2 weeks ago
Site infoThe Reel Critic.com
Blog at WordPress.com.